Elder Jake Hobbs

Elder Jake Hobbs
Elder Jake Hobbs

Saturday, July 27, 2013

July 15


Dear Family,
 
   What a week it has been!!! And speaking of transfers the call came in this morning and turns out............. I'll be staying in Country Club. I'm super excited to stay this place is like home and I couldn't imagine leaving so the lord has permitted me to stay and continue to serve. It's funny I can now say that i'm the ancient of Brownsville everyone in the zone isn't even close to the same time as I got now that one of our zone leaders just left. So I'll still be here in Country Club. But what an exciting week you've all had I'm super excited for Eddie's baptism make sure to get me a picture and if you could please please get me his e-mail I'd like to write him a quick e-mail next week.
 
   But as for the week here in Country Club we found this lady A last week like I had told you at a gas station and she has already read all of 1 nephi and about 5 or 6 chapters that we've assigned her and she is just taking off in the gospel I can't tell you how prepared she is. Just being with her in lessons just iluminates you with the spirit to see her desires. Basically she has two little problems. Just a belief on god that has been increasing and also she drinks a little bit of coffee. After all the people I've come across in my mission so far I can say she of all people NEED the gospel the most. She has been through a lot in her life. She has two kids with autism one with severe and the other mas o menos. She has also came off of a divorce and has been left with all the kids to take care of and when we're over at her house you can just see how much it wears on her to have the kids all to herself to care for.  She has fear going into public a lot so she was a little timid to come to church for the first time but we sent her 1 ne 3 7 for a little pump up and she said that that gave her a little spark and she loved it! Her kids were all handled by the primary and she really enjoyed the members and they really pulled through for us and helped her have a good time so she's are little miracle in the area right now.
 
   We also had a guy show up in the spanish ward at random. He offers funeral services and goes door to door knocking and he knocked on a member's door and bless her soul whoever she is. She invited him to come and he showed up. He had a good experience and we're excited for him to come back next week. Also one of our investigators in the spanish ward came to church this last Sunday and he had a great time he only came for 1 hour becuase he had work but he said he'll see if he can arrange stuff to be there next time. We got him some good fellowship and his neighbor is a member so we'll get him rolling also. The lord has been blessing us right and left in the area I couldn't be happier. (def. not content with what's going on i'm just very excited for the people we got).
 
   Also I got the chance to translate for a guy from Florida that was telling me all his gator hunting stories in the chapel it was super funny he made me want to go there someday to go hunting with him.haha but it was pretty darn tough to translate it seemed like the speakers were speaking extra fast and their vocab seemed a bit strange to so I struggled a bit but my friend didn't care to much he still enjoyed coming. But it was such a great week what can I say..... I love being a missionary!
 
Elder Hobbs

No comments:

Post a Comment