Elder Jake Hobbs

Elder Jake Hobbs
Elder Jake Hobbs

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

August 16


Well i'll try to answer the million questions you have written for me. haha but everything is going well i am not too big of a fan of the CCM comida it's no bueno. And i could really use some better tocado papel.  But other then that those are my only complaints. i've gotten to know my district a lot better and my zone, they're all such great and funny people sometimes they help me at struggling to stay on task but it's just one of those things you gotta push through.  i'm astonished that sam hasn't had a date yet.... heston might be getting more ladies at the stomp then sam is.  But the work's been really cool the spanish is flowing. our district is full of smart people so there flying leaps and bounds over me in espanol but i'm not discouraged and i won't fear. i've been called of god to speak the language and i'll speak the language. It's crazy to think that i've been here for two weeks... it already feels like two years. i've already had to sew part of my pants and i've been doing laundry happily. i'm starting to pick up quite a few trades. But the thing i miss the most is not being able to listen to my music on my ipod and seeing the dogs...... and friends and family of course. But the spirit has continued to stay strong. We've had like close to ten lessons in spanish already and i feel like i can understand a lot better then i can speak. y mi maestro taught me a valuable lesson. i need to not worry so much about understanding what the words exactly mean but more on what the spirit feels like. focusing on the language is focusing on youself.  But i've loved being able to read the book of mormon so much i feel such a stronger testimony from them as i've found out more and more about it. Here's a scripture for heston and everyone else. Alma 13:28-31. Have heston read that. You should send me that picture of our family i could hang it up in our room. i also need to get a picture of a chica to put on the shrine of all the missionary chicas. haha it's funny how crazy 19 year olds can be. i'm glad i didn't leave a girl to wait on me. But the biggest struggle i've had in the mtc is just staying awake. i feel like my eyes are constantly tired. haha but the lord's given me plenty of strength to go about the day. I'm still focusing on charity and having patience with all those around me.  The mission's kinda opened my eyes to how much i enjoy solitude sometimes but that's something to look forward too in two years. But you'll have to have heston keep me posted on how the football season goes and maybe even my fantasy football team. and Toad's call seems perfect for him i'm hoping to hear from him in a letter soon. i hope all is going well at home and i can feel the assistance of everyone's prayers. i would just like to end with a question for everyone to ponder over the week. What do we want to be? and What does Christ want us to be?  I love you guys and i'm doing great i've loved the ability to act in the name of JesuCristo and testify of the hapiness of the gospel. Oh and have sam sing you my recently favorite song himnos 88 mi hermano canta por mi en nuestro familia. 
Love you guys

No comments:

Post a Comment