Elder Jake Hobbs

Elder Jake Hobbs
Elder Jake Hobbs

Monday, December 3, 2012

December 3, 2012


Dear Family,
     Korny packages coming my way sounds like I got a treat. Haha and speaking of packages the Parslow's sent me some with a bunch of treats let them know they were edible and I loved them and soon became the most popular guy in the apartment. haha But I actually didn't get the chance to make it to the Christmas devotional this year.  Sounds like everyone's having a blast back at home.  i'm still not as fluent as i'd like I can say about anything i'd like but I just can't quite understand everything maybe Sam and Saren could throw me a few suggestions via e-mail for next week. 
But where do I start with this week....... just a quick thought I want to ask forgiveness to mi madre for asking why you wouldn't let us buy that book at Nauvoo.  I can see now how people can be affected when they accept non doctrinal things as doctrine. This last week we found a hidden less Active's house and it turned out she was a descendant of Joseph Smith and was the lady who in the conference of 2008 ran up and tried to give the prophet the sealed portion she had found on the internet. she was telling us all these crazy beliefs and we finally just said we gotta go it's sad to see what Satan can do to some people and when people depend on their own knowledge rather then God's knowledge.  So  madre it was a good lesson to monitor what we read and make sure we are preaching and teaching TRUE DOCTINE because in this area there's millions of churches and everyone just puts their own spin on the bible and what not and then "Bam" Satan's got his chains on you.
Ok.... minus that thought. haha this week was awesome me and Elder Carling are really starting to figure things out and we got quite a few investigators we had 5 investigators at church this last week so we were very very excited the only problem is nobody has dates yet. But we are really starting to get the people we need, we are getting the branch involved and we are working on setting goals for missionary work in the branch since we just got a new president who is super missionary minded. It's amazing what can be accomplished when everyone is on the same page and working together. Members are so crucial when it comes to missionary work so I'd just like to challenge the family to set a goal for the next year to baptize another Family or Friend or something. And when I say Baptize them that means fellowship someone, and point them to the missionaries and offer the home for a place to take them to teach. So that's my missionary committment for the family this week.
But man I can now say I really do love the people here in San Benito with my whole heart there's so many members and investigator's that are so awesmome and it's such a great oppurtunity we have as missionaries to not be strangers it's like the first time in my life where I feel like I have a badge to be able to just talk to people I've never seen before in my life and befriend them and love them. That has to do with my calling but also is a sense of mind But anyways..... We have thiese 2 super cool part member familys that I just love to death they we are working with both of their families and the kids are awesome the parents are awesome and they love the missionaries it's such a blessing to be with them. One of the families is A R's family she is divorced but we are working with her parents that are also divorced and A's kids are super super good kids and basically help us teach lessons R and D.  I need to get a picture of them and send them to you guys. Also the M family we are working on another one of her kids wtih the hopes of the father wanting to sit down with us sometime. And I just gotta finish by telling you about my favorite guy I've found so far. His name is Ch and he has one eye. haha he's about 75 and just has that old man attitude like Grandpa Val but just likes to talk a lot more and tell stories to us. He's explained how all churches have let him down through his whole life and how everyone teaches things but no one lives them and he refuses to call us elders. because he said we are not old enough. he loves to read the bible and we are working on him getting immersed in the BoM we just gave it to him and said we'll be back in a week and half. haha I'll have to tell you more about him when we follow up on it but I just feel like my heart goes out for the guy and I want to help him so much he just doesn't quite understand it yet. he just thinks I'm another wolf in sheeps clothing. But anyways I gotta go I hope you enjoyed the long e-mail i'm starting to get quicker at reading everything it seems like a race when I get to the library. 

haha Love you guys keep loving life and don't forget to read and study together have a great week! 
Take Care!]
Elder Hobbs

No comments:

Post a Comment