Elder Jake Hobbs

Elder Jake Hobbs
Elder Jake Hobbs

Sunday, February 24, 2013

February 19


Dear Family,
     Well it's insane it's been over 6 months.... Thanks for the reminder, but it sounds like everything is going great back home. Puedo desfrutar leyendo que mi hermana ha escritido. Si solo Madre puede entender tambien. That's great you guys made it to Elder Parkin's homecoming,he was a bit quiet but he knew his scriptures real well. It's been a great transition with the new companion. His name is Elder Stewart from Orem Utah.  I was just noticing last week that I don't have any pictures of me and my previous companions.......... Que Padre. But me and Elder Stewart are doing great together were just working on getting our teaching down together oftern times we've been going two directions in lessons but we're getting it figured out real quick. It's been crazy to think how much I've learned up to this point in the scriptures, in missionary work, and en espanol. Estoy todavia trabajando en mi idioma misional pero casi alla.
     This week has been a great one like I said we had a less active family at church that we're working with. We also had the big stake conference so I got to meet up with my old companion elder Carling. And I finally got the scoop on what happened with the people we were working in my last area. The O family dropped on their baptismal day which was a little sad but they're still doing great the mom just needs a better spiritual confirmation. I'm going to write them a letter this next week.  And Brother R Got BAPTIZED!!!!! I'm super super excited. He's gone out to lessons with the missionaries and has bore some great testimony and helped destroy some doubts of other investigators..... That news made my mission!!!! Also N the older Lady that was in the family picture I sent you got baptized also so that was super exciting too. It's great to hear what the spark you started has become.
     But it's been a great week and I'm loving the work. We are onto finding some great people that I'll be looking forward to letting you know how everything's going with them. Keep counting your blessings back home. It truely is a blessing to have grown up with that foundation that we have. Hold to it and continue to build to it everyday through diligent scripture studies and church attendance. And wherever you are in life BE THERE! I hope you know I love you all and hope all is well. Never stray from that narrow path and help others to make their way  back or find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment