Elder Jake Hobbs

Elder Jake Hobbs
Elder Jake Hobbs

Monday, February 4, 2013

February 4


Dear Family,

     Well sounds like I didn't miss much for the superbowl.  I didn't know Jacee was leaving so soon that'll be so exciting for her hope you guys are helping her live it up till she leaves. But things have been interesting this week and my statistic for a killed missionary is close to going up.  He (my comp will be leaving shortly.) Haha And i found out who my new companion is going to be. His name is Elder Stuart and he's from Orem I've heard a lot of great things about him and he'll take over as a district leader. So that means EXCHANGES with the ZL's that's always the best being a junior comp of the distirct leader. But so far I've only had the white boys from utah or Idaho (the factory) for my companions.

      Well this week has been one of the fastest weeks of my mission it feels like. We've still had a few bike problems with my comp's bike and we ended up walking almost all Saturday on foot but we managed to be on time for most of our lessons we had planned. This week we've managed to find a few more people that are receiving lessons and interested in learning more. We swung by a neighborhood that we've never visited since i've been in the area and knocked a few doors at the beginning of the week and we ended up setting a return appointment with this really cool family. We went for the return appointment and C was working on leveling his yard and dumping a bunch of dirt around in his wheelbarrow so me and my companion offered some help to the man and he said he was fine so we picked up the shovels anyway and started helping him out. We had a bit of small talk here and there and he invited us in for a lesson we taught a great lesson on how the gospel can bless families and how having their young children raised in the gospel will help them so very much. So we set another return appointment and found out that P (the wife) is a cousin to a member so we'll have instant fellowship! We're feeling really good about them and I'll be excited for me and Elder Stuart to start teaching them a bit more and hopefully get them rolling to church. 

     Brownsville is getting hit pretty hard with this transfer with the changes. Haha it'll be really exciting. Our 4 comp district(2 elders and 2 sisters) is losing every single Sr. comp so it'll be interesting for a bit. But I'm feeling very comfortible with taking over the area and showing Elder Stuart around. We've basically built a relationship or know all the members in our area and we should be able to hit the ground running. It's an exciting time in the mission and I'm very excited to be a misisonary. Keep working on your goals to share the gospel with our neighbors and invite the missionaries over for an FHE with neighbors that's my committment for the week. Buenos suertes y que tengan una buena semana.

Con amor,
Elder Hobbs

No comments:

Post a Comment