Elder Jake Hobbs

Elder Jake Hobbs
Elder Jake Hobbs

Sunday, September 23, 2012

September 19

Dear Family,

 It's good to hear from everyone and to see what they're up too. And yes I'm over my sickness finally. 


But let me tell you about my great week...... All my hard work is starting to pay off and it's awesome to see my progress. I've learned so much more about spanish and about the scriptures and how to apply them and teaching skills.  The Gospel/God/Commandments are all an IF.... Then..... Statement if we do something then god's going to do something. In all cases I've seen the if.... is usually a lot less than the then....... Also I've loved my temple attendance and I've found to make the most out of my visits if I try and focus on the characteristics of Christ and god and it seems to be so much more spiritual. But me and Elder Stock had two awesome lessons this week with Jose 1 and Jose 2 both of our progressive investigators have had the same name. haah Even though it's fake it's so so real at the same time. Both lessons we started out with a hymn and it really set it off the mood and we've really found out how to teach by the spirit ask questions, and make commitments and explain why they need to make those commitments.

 But i'm excited for the field and ready to leave. haha the language isn't as bad as it was before I've learned most of it through studying in spanish PMG and BOM and it's seemed to help a lot more then anything else. Well gotta go I'm excited to serve and get out of the MTC but I'll also miss the strong spirit that I've felt here.  I love you all so much and I love the pictures you sent me it's been pretty rough keeping the pictures of Maisie, Jacee, and all the other girls from getting around the dorm. Haha love you all have a great week. I've felt your prayers and have continued to be firm in my works. MAS ALLA
Elder Hobbs

p.s. and we did get to host it was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment