Elder Jake Hobbs

Elder Jake Hobbs
Elder Jake Hobbs

Thursday, September 27, 2012

September 27, Last MTC Letter


Jacob heads out on Monday October 1st for McAllen Texas!

Hola Familia,
   I'd just like to ask who do you take me for??? don't you know I've watched bear gryls and am an eagle scout.... I already have a phone card and i'll have a layover in Dallas from 12 to 1ish so I'll give you guys a call if I can remember everyones phone number. hahah. And also sorry about not getting pictures to you for two months the MTC computers aren't working out for me too well. hahah. But that's exciting about homecoming and little miss homecoming queen candidate. And I'm sure dad has went all out in making sure there's a good idea for all the homecoming events. It's funny when I get letters and e-mails it reminds me of my old self and how things used to be and now it feels almost like a dream. Haha But I got a great letter from Sam and Heston this week that had some great advice and i'm very grateful for that.  But I'm feeling like I have everything and am ready to head for Texas. And don't worry I've been pushing through this last week even though it's been difficult sometimes to focus but I'm finally feeling successful and like I'm figuring stuff out. (Except for Espanol) Pero mi idioma es no horrible pero le necesite ser mejor. I want to be able to talke with Sam or Saren in spanish and maybe get a little bit of a practice in before I hit my mission. Haha
 
Alrighty well I'm sorry I am not one of many details in my letters and emails. But the MTC has been an awesome place for me to be prepared for my mission. I've understood most of the lessons in PMG and my knowledge of the scriptures have been so so so much better I am getting closer and closer to the command I want over them in my lessons. I don't know if i told you this but I've been praying specifically to be educated in my dreams so I'm not wasting time. I know this is kinda a crazy concept to pray or think about but it has kinda worked I think. For example when I wake up in the middle of the night either a scripture, PMG lesson, or spanish is on my mind. and some of the elders in my room have said I sleep talk in spanish occasionally. But the coolist experience was when I woke up and had the impression I should read D & C chapter 11 - 12. And these are now some of my favorite chapters. Through chapter 11:7 I now understand what it really means to be rich and what to consider in the future for a job. I wanna work with the church somehow..... But I can't be dreamin offf in the future just yet. But yeah the MTC has been awesome some of my best friends in the older district above us just left and it's been a rough week without them. I've ran in to a guy who knows Glen and Brent. The 3 fingered Stake pres (or Bishop) it was cool to talk to him. Also I ran into an elder from McAllen and talked to him in Spanish he had nothing but good things to say about the area. It's been an awesome adventure and I've made some really good friends and learned things that have changed my life. Mat 10 vs. 39 is my story at the MTC. Sometimes we need to be taken out of the world for a bit in order to find ourselves in it and that's what's happened to me here i'm excited for all my friends to go through the conversiion process also. (Which never ends)
 
But I'm running out of time I think they'll let us email before we leave also andIi'll also talk with you when I get to dallas. I love you and things have been great so far with our investigators we've had 2 baptisms with both Jose's and a date with Luis. I'll be excited when they are real investigators in a week. I 'm excited to leave but i'm also gonna miss this place I'll always remember how I've felt here thanks to my journaling. I'm excited to perhaps share that with you when I get home. So it's almost time to say goodbye to the mountains...... it's almost gonna be as hard as saying bye to walker and ranger. But I love you guys too. haha :) Take care I love you all have a great week and don['t forget to seek revelation through studies and also focus on christlike atributes. 
Love you all
 
Elder Hobbs

No comments:

Post a Comment