Elder Jake Hobbs

Elder Jake Hobbs
Elder Jake Hobbs

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

October 22


Looks like a party back at home. It's awesome to see Tucker living the football dream at Air Force in his pads and great to see Sam and mom enjoying the weekend in Colorado. It has been so exciting to see that all my friends are working on papers and starting to receive calls it's an exciting time in the church.
   
It's been an awesome week here in Sanny B and Rudy's BBQ is just outside of our area. But mi espanol is getting better still a little rough and probably will be for the first bit because I'm not 100 percent immersed but I'm grateful for my area some of the new elders are in area's where there's almost no spanish at all so I'm grateful the stumbling block is at the first of my mission. Most people's spanish has slowed down a bit so I can actually pick out the words they're saying now it's just extending my vocabulary and fluency. But I'll do it I know i can.

So far we've had a lot of B.D.'s and also a lot of people drop us. There are a lot a lot of Catholic's in the area and they just say my dad and his dad and his dad are catholic I don't want to change. It kinda reminds me of the dog throwing up parable. But even though they say no most everyone is very loving and kind about it we've only had a few encounters that were unpleasant most people just say they're happy what were doing but don't want to change. But we've kinda ran into some problems with a family that can't be baptised and it's sad to see but it is what it is. But we got J still onboard for the 28th of October and he's been reading and loving the Book of Mormon he's excited and his mom is very very happy with the change he's going through. He lives in a part member family and the Dad is not to open to us but he likes us coming by to talk with his kids and wife hopefully he'll have a change of heart. That's about it. It's almost out of the high 90's and low 100's. Haha it's crazy that it's almost halloween people here go all out with the decorations.
Well have a great week and I love you all. Hope Trav gets feeling better and stuff gets figured out for him and Maisie...... Read the Book of Mormon for your studies for the ACT. I hope everyone's making time to show god they have love for him by reading the scriptures. Have a great week I love you all. I'm still getting used to the e-mail thing. haha
Elder Hobbs

No comments:

Post a Comment