Elder Jake Hobbs

Elder Jake Hobbs
Elder Jake Hobbs

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

January 13


Dear FAmily,

Sounds like everything is fun back hom huh! it's been pretty cold over here still but is recently been warming up. haha I keep getting tempted to buy warm clothes but then tell myself no cuz I just have a few weeks left but it's in the 60's and 70's now so I've been loving it.

This week was pretty fun we had our family we've been teaching show up to church and they will be planning on getting baptized this Sunday to come. We will also be working with 2 other people who will be baptized this Sunday that have been coming to church we'll just need to work out some commandment issues and with the other one we are just working on meeting with him he's a busy guy.

I've so far loved Elder Hill as my companion he's a great guy and very diligent so we've been working really hard together and have been very involved with our zone. We are still arguing who would have won that championship game if jordan would have beat Bingham my junior year. haha

 We got special permission to go to McAlllen this past Sunday to have Elder Hill do a baptism for a couple he had taught down there and it was a good trip we rode with a member who was a gangster and a guy who had been in prison for over 10 years.... haha it was a fun little trip and to tell you the truth a pretty spirtiual one we got to hear the story of both of their lives changing and the influence of the missionaries in their lives it built my testimony on the doctrine of repentance. My favorite part of the whole thing was that they never knew the missionaries names(when missionaries strories are recounted in conference you seldom hear the names of the missionaries) and as I thought of that I told them that that was my favorite part and the reason behind that is cuz there's only one name on our badge that matters for the two years and it's the name that few people truly recognize of who we represent and it just meant a lot to me of the actions we need to take in order to carry the name with pride and with honor.

But that was my little lesson for the week I love you all and hope you all have a great week and stay safe. 
Elder Hobbs

No comments:

Post a Comment