Elder Jake Hobbs

Elder Jake Hobbs
Elder Jake Hobbs

Monday, April 21, 2014

March 24


Dear Family, 

What news huh, Heston has a giant house all to himself! That's going to be quite exciting who knows if I'll be joining you I might just move down to Southern Texas and work in the oil company there's quite a bit of business to be made and you don't even need to have a degree so who knows haha.....

But this week has been good we've had a great week and we've been teaching a few people here and there we're still struggling on getting people to church but the ward has been doing well. We just had stake conference and we had a 70 named Al Wright come and speak to the stake and it was wonderful! I learned so much from him and the re-occurring theme that I've been focusing on ever since is that the most important thing is who you are and how you treat others so that's going to be the focus of the rest of my mission.  He also talked a lot about charity patience and being an eternal companion so that'll also be the focus of after the mission but that won't need to be worried about for a while. haha

We got transfer news I'll be staying here in Sinton Zone in Robstown with Elder Bassett for another transfer we're both excited to be here still there's still plenty of work to be done and plenty of miracles to make happen.

General Conference will be coming up and i'm super excited for it. I'm almost more excited to be able to study the liahona in spanish and re read the talks there's lots of knowledge to be attained from Apostles, Prophets, and 70's. I have also been studying a lot in the Teachings of the prophet manuals I've almost finished Joseph F. Smith and I’ve also been using a Book of Mormon study guide that I had ordered it has helped me a ton to understand things in the el libro de mormon. But I love the mission, I love my life, and I love the lord!

Elder Hobbs

No comments:

Post a Comment